Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content



CCBG
CCBG
 
 
     
 
 

Angola 



 
Physical address and contact detail:
 
Banco Naçional de Angola

Physical:    
151 Avenida 4 de Fevereiro 
Luanda
Angola

Postal:
Avenida 4 de Fevereiro 151
CP 1243 Luanda
Angola

Phone:      
+244 222 339934 / 336664

Fax:           
+244 222 39 0579​
 
Website  http://www.bna.ao
History:
After Angola gained independence In 1976, the banking sector was nationalised and two major Angolan banks, namely Banco de Angola and Banco Comercial de Angola, changed their names to Banco Nacional de Angola (BNA) and Banco Popular de Angola (BPA) respectively. The BNA, according to the Organic Law 69/76, inherited the responsibilities of a central bank, bank of issue and commercial bank, as well as of being the only legal holder of foreign currency and responsible for all foreign transactions. In 1988, the government introduced a programme to transform the socialist centralised economy into a market-oriented economy. These changes also required the transformation of the banking sector, including the restriction of the BNA's role to being solely responsible for monetary policy and acting as issuing bank, banker of the Government and reserve bank. This was achieved by promulgating the new Organic Law 4/91, of 20 April, which transformed the BNA into a central bank.
 
 
 
  • Click here to share this link on Facebook
  • Click here to share this link on Twitter
 
     
 
 
Sign In
Countries Help (new window)